Empower every member of your IT team
to deliver high-quality software releases.
Businesses capable of fast, error-free software releases have a definite edge on the competition. But it’s hard to know how to improve productivity. Successfully implementing DevOps processes demands more than just changing how Development and Operations work together. That’s why we crafted DevOps Suite. Together, the solutions give all the members of your IT teams the insights and tools they need to best perform their jobs.
The Foundation of any DevOps Strategy
Reaching maximum agility requires reducing the risks associated with making changes to your systems. Our software delivers accurate IT systems analysis, code validation and automation, making it easy to balance faster delivery schedules with quality results and low costs.
iCAN enables your team members to cross-reference data across systems, quickly providing all the information needed to understand the impact of a change.
E-GEN is our automation powerhouse that requires only a minimum of user input to generate batch and Operations components, while providing end-to-end enforcement of your company's internal norms and standards.
eSMF offers statistical feedback enabling your team to improve batch executions.
JCL Checker greatly reduces the time needed to validate code.
DevOps Suite's Benefits
- Allows operators to have a global vision of IT processes, including complex interactions between programs
- Facilitates communication between Development and Operations teams
- Simplifies procedures and reduces the time needed to develop, test and deploy applications
- Applies in-house norms and standards to guarantee homogeneity throughout the IT systems
- Significantly reduces the risk of errors throughout environments
- Provides statistics essential to speeding up releases
- Generates high-quality results on mainframe and distributed platforms
DevOps for z/OS
Don't start your project from scratch
Achieving DevOps on a mainframe requires an entirely different approach from the ones used for multiplatform systems. Proceed step by step and integrate your existing z/OS tools and components into the project.
When adopting DevOps methodologies, it is important to know the consequences of any changes to the system before they impact your production environments. A DevOps implementation into an existing z/OS environment isn't the situation to start
The first step in your DevOps project should take into account your existing z/OS assets. Safeguard the existing z/OS environment by collecting all the various operational components (e.g., scheduling, JCL, scripts, assets, etc.) and building a centralized knowledge base. This operational repository allows your teams to easily centralize any changes, rules or new definitions required and to set new models of interpretation.
An operational repository allows your team to easily define new updates and apply them in the targeted environment (e.g., development, QA, production, emergency, etc.), to validate changes (i.e., standardization, component, context, values), and to completely understand how a change impacts the operational components.
DevOps Suite includes the following:
The Life Cycle of a Job
DevOps Suite can be used with both mainframe and distributed platforms. The different software included in the Suite simplify the steps needed to define and execute Jobs. The solutions accelerate the release of Jobs into production, and supply statistics and analysis that help your personnel to continuously improve your Go-Live processes.
DevOps Suite provides your personnel with the tools they need at every stage of the life cycle. From updating technical documentation to validating code and automatically deploying components into Production, DevOps Suite enables your IT teams to develop, test and release high-quality software, faster.
- Reverse documentation of Operations components
- Assisted input of the software-release folder
- Validation of test JCL
- Identification of application programs to optimize
- Reverse documentation and auditing of components in the Quality Assurance, Qualification, and Pre-Production environments
- Generation of technical and/or applicative JCL
- Simplified input of scheduling definitions
- JCL validation for the environments of Quality Assurance, Qualification, etc.
- Predicts the impact of new versions of Jobs on performance and execution context
- Reverse documentation and auditing of Operations components
- Automatic deployment of Production components
- JCL validation for Production environments
- Visualization of the previous day's Production plan
- Middle- or long-term analysis of Job executions